Cottage Grove Man Dies In Town Of Sun Prairie Crash | Crime
A 41-year-old man from Cottage Grove was killed in an early morning car crash.
Dane County authorities responded to the area of County Highway N and County Highway T in Sun Prairie just after 2:30 a.m. Wednesday for a report of a truck in a ditch.
Officials believe the driver, Daniel J. Peterson lost control on a curve, left the roadway and hit a power pole and several trees. Peterson was ejected from the vehicle and pronounced dead on the scene, according to authorities.
The Dane County Coroner's office reports that Peterson was not wearing his safety belt and that alcohol was believed to be a factor in the crash.
This crash is still under investigation by the Dane County Sheriff’s office and the Dane County Coroner’s office.
Upcoming Events near Sun Prairie
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Police: Pregnant woman sexually assaulted in ?violent? home invasion
- National, city, school leaders to focus on out-of-school-time programs
- Police: Blood, shell casings found outside east Madison restaurant
- Man accused of stabbing girlfriend 29 times pleads guilty
- Police: Man punched woman in SUV, punctured tires