Cottage Grove Man Dies In Town Of Sun Prairie Crash | Crime
A 41-year-old man from Cottage Grove was killed in an early morning car crash.
Dane County authorities responded to the area of County Highway N and County Highway T in Sun Prairie just after 2:30 a.m. Wednesday for a report of a truck in a ditch.
Officials believe the driver, Daniel J. Peterson lost control on a curve, left the roadway and hit a power pole and several trees. Peterson was ejected from the vehicle and pronounced dead on the scene, according to authorities.
The Dane County Coroner's office reports that Peterson was not wearing his safety belt and that alcohol was believed to be a factor in the crash.
This crash is still under investigation by the Dane County Sheriff’s office and the Dane County Coroner’s office.
Upcoming Events near Sun Prairie
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Firefighters, construction company donate school supplies
- 7 schools to offer free breakfasts, lunches on school days
- Madison police chief, district officials to host community forums
- Cause of Apollo Way fire could take months to determine
- Local firefighter bikes cross county to honor fallen firefighters