Band students chosen for tri-state festival | Arts & Culture
14 area middle school musicians to play in Iowa
Several Sun Prairie middle school students were chosen to participate in a multi-state band festival in early March.
Students from Patrick Marsh Middle School and Cardinal Heights Upper Middle School will join more than 200 other students from Iowa, Minnesota and Wisconsin on March 2 for an annual performance that combines kids from the tri-state area for a one-day musical event.
Seventh-grade students to participate from Patrick Marsh Middle School band include:
- Kyra Devlin, bassoon
- Mallory Keating, trombone
- Jordan McWilliams, trumpet
- Andy Paulson, trombone
- Isaac Tess, trombone
Eighth-grade students from Cardinal Heights band include:
- Grace Daehling, trombone
- Nick Horky, tuba
- Nishita Karri, flute
- Paul Moniak, trumpet
- Ben Plesh, French horn
- Grace Richmond, French horn
- Mackenzie Rybak, tenor saxophone
- Aditya Sharma, Bb clarinet
- Gabriela Strobel, tuba
At the festival, a seventh-grade band and an eighth-grade band of 120 members each rehearse during the day and present a concert in the Decorah High School Auditorium at 6:30 p.m.
Organizers of the event said more than 50 schools from Minnesota, Wisconsin and Iowa will participate in the honor band festival.
Upcoming Events near Sun Prairie
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- 6 allegedly involved in ?violent home invasion? charged
- Police find ?realistic? BB gun in La Follette student?s backpack
- Officials: Madison police officer punched by teen
- Police: Pregnant woman sexually assaulted in ?violent? home invasion
- National, city, school leaders to focus on out-of-school-time programs