Sheriff warns of string of thefts from vehicles | Crime
The Dane County Sheriff’s Office is alerting residents in the towns of Bristol and Sun Prairie of a recent string of thefts from vehicles.
Deputies have responded to 10 incidents between Oct. 21 and Monday, according to a release. In seven out of the 10 incidents, the thieves broke a window to gain entry.
Eight occurred in the town of Bristol, officials said. In most cases purses, wallets, electronics and cash were taken.
Officials are asking citizens in northeast Dane County to be aware of neighborhood activity, and report anything that appears suspicious.
Deputies suggest keeping vehicles locked inside a garage when possible. They also encourage residents to keep outdoor lighting on throughout the night to help deter thieves.
Upcoming Events near Sun Prairie
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- DOJ: Man sentenced for pulling loaded gun on friends at bus stop
- Madison libraries, streets division to host composting classes
- Officials look for dog, possibly named Habanero, that bit man
- Police: Scammer posts as east business on classified car sales website
- Woman scammed into sending money to Lebanon