DOJ: Man who supplied teen with heroin gets 10 years prison | Crime
A Sun Prairie man was sentenced to 10 years in federal prison for dealing heroin, according to the state Department of Justice.
United States Attorney John W. Vaudreuil's office said a 31-year-old Jasson Howell was sentenced Thursday in court to 10 years in federal prison for distributing heroin.
Howell distributed heroin in the Western District of Wisconsin from November 2006 to October 2009, according to the release. Vaudreuil's office said he was the source of the heroin that resulted in the near-fatal overdose of a 17-year-old girl in November 2008.
Howell pleaded guilty to the charges on Dec. 17, 2013, according to the DOJ news release.Howell has two prior state felony drug convictions and was on probation for those offenses at the time of his conduct in this case, the DOJ said.
Upcoming Events near Sun Prairie
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Firefighters, construction company donate school supplies
- 7 schools to offer free breakfasts, lunches on school days
- Madison police chief, district officials to host community forums
- Cause of Apollo Way fire could take months to determine
- Local firefighter bikes cross county to honor fallen firefighters