Teens accused of throwing rocks at police squad car window | Crime
Three teens face charges in connection to series of broken windows, including one on a Sun Prairie Police Department squad car.
Police said they took several reports of damage to property between April 7 and April 30 involving rocks being thrown at residential and commercial windows in the north-central part of the city.
One of the incidents involved rocks being thrown at a Sun Prairie squad car, causing about $750 in damage, police said.
A 14-year-old boy and two 15-year-old boys, each of Sun Prairie, have been referred to the Dane County District Attorney’s Office on charges of criminal damage to property.
Police said the teens are linked to seven separate incidents totaling about $3,000 in damage.
Residents with unreported damage involving broken windows during the time frame are encouraged to report them to the Sun Prairie Police Department at 608-837-7336.
Upcoming Events near Sun Prairie
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Firefighters, construction company donate school supplies
- 7 schools to offer free breakfasts, lunches on school days
- Madison police chief, district officials to host community forums
- Cause of Apollo Way fire could take months to determine
- Local firefighter bikes cross county to honor fallen firefighters