Teen playing with lighter starts fire in Sun Prairie | Crime
A 16-year-old boy was cited on a charge of negligent handling of burning materials after fire investigators determined he started a garage fire at a home in Sun Prairie after playing with a lighter.
Police said the teen started the fire at a home at 311 West Main Street. Crews arrived to find heavy fire at the back of the detached garage. They were able to contain the fire and prevent it from spreading beyond the garage.
The investigation was conducted jointly by the Sun Prairie Fire Department and Sun Prairie Police Department.
Upcoming Events near Sun Prairie
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Firefighters, construction company donate school supplies
- 7 schools to offer free breakfasts, lunches on school days
- Madison police chief, district officials to host community forums
- Cause of Apollo Way fire could take months to determine
- Local firefighter bikes cross county to honor fallen firefighters