Sun Prairie girls, Middleton boys win WIAA track regional | News
The Sun Prairie girls and Middleton boys won WIAA regional track championships at the Division One regional at Middleton Monday night.
Madison Memorial's Jester Weah continued his dominance of the 100 meter dash winning in a time of 10.8 seconds. Weah also won the 200 meter dash in 22.17 seconds.
Memorial's Daurice Fountain won two hurdles races.� Fountain ran 14.94 in the 110 hurdles and won the 300 meter hurdles in 39.78 seconds.
Other notable performances included Monona Grove's Gabbi Beauvais who won the 100 meter dash (12.62) and the 200 meter dash (25.24).
Madison West's Wilson Hacker edged LaFollette's Chander Diffee in the boys 1600 meter run. Hacker's 4:25.60 was less than a second better than Diffee's 4:26.56. DeForest's Ryan Spahn and Monona Grove's Terry McMillan also broke the 4:27 mark.
Tonight's top qualifiers advance to the sectional completion Thursday.
Final Girls Standings:
1. Sun Prairie��� 152.5
2. Middleton� 126
3. Madison Memorial� 79
Final Boys Standings
1. Middleton��� 144
2. Madison LaFollette 112.5
3. Madison Memorial� 108
Upcoming Events near Sun Prairie
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- 6 allegedly involved in ?violent home invasion? charged
- Police find ?realistic? BB gun in La Follette student?s backpack
- Officials: Madison police officer punched by teen
- Police: Pregnant woman sexually assaulted in ?violent? home invasion
- National, city, school leaders to focus on out-of-school-time programs