Photo Gallery | 2nd Annual Prairie Music Festival Scheduled In September
Downtown Sun Prairie will once again be filled with sound as Prairie Music Academy presents its 2nd annual Prairie Music Festival in conjunction with the Cannery Grill and Beans & Cream Coffeehouse on Saturday, Sept. 24 from 1 to 5 p.m.
Stages at the Cannery Grill, Beans & Cream Coffeehouse and inside Prairie Music Academy will feature a wide variety of performing artists ranging from singer and songwriters, local bands, kids entertainers and the academy's own students.
"All of us at Prairie Music Academy are so glad to be able to bring this musical event to downtown," said Executive Director Kari Engleson in a news release. "The generous financial support from the festival's business sponsors, the donation of the performers' time and the countless hours many of our staff volunteered to organize the festival really fits our mission as a community music school."
The festival is offered to the community free of charge, in part through support from the lead sponsors, Architectural Building Arts and Huntington Learning Center.
While all three venues offer free admission, the academy will be raising money for several of its charitable programs through the donations of business sponsors, community individuals, and planned 50/50 raffles to be held at each stage throughout the event.
For more information, visit www.prairiemusic.org/prairiemusicfestival. For more information regarding the LINKS program, or general information about Prairie Music Academy, visit www.prairiemusic.org or call 608-834-9550 and ask for the festival coordinator, Julie Baskinger.
Cannery Grill Stage
- 1 p.m. Count this Penny
- 2 p.m. Whitney Mann
- 3 p.m. Whiskey Farm featuring Jason Horowitz
- 4 p.m. Mighty Short Bus, featuring 105.5 FM Triple M “Project M” winner Frank Busch
Beans’n Cream Coffeehouse Stage
- 1 p.m. Erin O’Brien
- 2 p.m. Beth Kille
- 3 p.m. Ida Jo & the Show
- 3 p.m. Midnight Voices
- 4 p.m. Corey Hart
PMA Children’s Stage (inside Prairie Music Academy)
- 1 to 3 p.m. Jeff Matson, So Much Fun! Balloon Twisting
- 1:45 to 2:30 p.m. Storytelling on Stilts and Other Tales
- 2 to 2:30 p.m. Sting Petting Zoo
- 2:30 to 3 p.m. Prairie Music Academy Show Choir presents the Lion King
- 3:00 to 3:30 p.m. Students of Prairie Music Academy
- 3:30 to 4 p.m. Jacob Mills
- 4 to 4:45 p.m. Bernie Brink, PMA Faculty jazz pianist